Sunday, March 8, 2009

Soundtrack to Life #2 So What?




I meant to write something about the 50th anniversary of the recording session that became Miles Davis' legendary album Kind of Blue on the actual date - March 2 - but it was also the 50th anniversary of the birth of an old friend who I've lost track of but who was on my mind. Found him up on Facebook - which led to entirely new diversions. Ah well...

This is the album that even non-jazz fans are most likely to own. I never had it on vinyl, wore out a cassette and now have it on cd and on my iPod. 

This is my favorite track.


2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I don't take time to listen to jazz as often as I should. It's a gap in my musical education.

glassmeow said...

We have a great local jazz station KMHD run by Mount Hood Community College - sometimes I remember to hit preset #1 instead of my usual #2 (Local PBS station) in the car.

I used to listen to a lot more jazz. Got a real love for Miles Davis, John Coltrane, MJQ, Lambert, Hendricks and Ross...guess I like that bebop through cool jazz era the best.

Reading a biography of Django Reinhardt right now - I don't have any of his music in my collection. Thinking of adding it.