Tuesday, September 2, 2008

24 Hour Fitness

They've got a nice pool.  Not too crowded and it's got some sort of saline sanitary system so no chlorine.  The entire pool room reeks of chlorine, but I guess it's coming from the jacuzzi.  Note to self:  stick to the sauna.

I managed 700 or 800 meters.  Not much.  Mostly kicking with fins.  Freaked myself out swimming freestyle and forgetting how to breathe - was still a third of the way to the wall.   It's going to take a while to get up to speed.  I can't believe I used to be good at this!  

No swimsuit spin-dryer, no blow driers for your hair, gotta bring your own towel - the Metro Y had all of those things provided.   But their pool was 50% chlorine and ate suits, hair and skin.  $35.00/month plus initiation.  I wonder if I'll ever even use the machines upstairs?  

Nice sauna - coed though, gotta wear a suit - I prefer sauna-ing sans suit.

I wonder how many weeks I can go 'test driving' health clubs on free passes?

No comments: