Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stiggy Stocking Stuffers

Grrrrr...





The Top Gear UK site has great Stig key rings for a very modest GBP2.50 (actually only GBP2. if you buy three of them) but they won't ship to the United States.  Or they won't ship that item to the US.  A very nice customer service rep named Neil had just assured me that Marks & Spencer (who handle this part of the Top Gear merch ) will ship to the US.   So I set up my online Marks & Sparks account, picked out my merchandise - 2 key rings and Stig bubble bath! - and went to check out and pay and in big RED letters it said 'we're sorry but these items cannot be shipped to your country" or something similar.  

I e-mailed that to Neil and am waiting to hear what he says.

Meanwhile I am bidding on a toy car boat - James' Triumph Herald sailboat - on eBay UK, but that just went over GBP5.50 - US$13.75 before postage - and I'm sure there's somebody out there with an automatic bidding program bidding against me.  



Is this not cute? & of course it was James' which makes it the best by default.

Dang!  I just lost that auction - it went for GBP7.  There's another one up there - gotta go bid on it!  

No comments: