Sunday, January 25, 2009

Indulging My Inner Italian

So Dad gave me birthday money a day early and I think I've already got it spent (and then some). Check out the boots!



These beauties are coming 'on approval' - meaning they're on a credit card and can be returned if they don't fit - from Zappos.  I've entered The Oregonian's contest to win a pair of tickets to the Red Carpet Premiere of Coraline on February 5th.  It's the Portland International Film Festival opener.  Neil Gaiman will be here!   These would be the perfect shoes for the occasion.
If I were to be so lucky as to win.  Fingers and toes crossed!



Then I found these on eBay.  I've wanted a pair of girly harness boots (with a bit of a heel, right?) for a long time.  That's a bitch of a thing to try to find in size 5.  I wasn't so keen on the red flames at first, but ya know?  They're kind of growing on me.  So I'm 'in' for up to $35.00 and they'll cost another $11 or $12 to ship.  

I really am 1/4 Italian.  I've got the shoe lust to show for it.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I LOVE the ones with the buttons! ENjoy them in good health, and Happy Birthday!

glassmeow said...

Thanks! Have you read Coraline? Buttons!!! (Creepy buttons) Neil Gaiman just won a Newbery Medal for his latest 'kid's' book The Graveyard Book - really happy for him!

How's the eyes? You healing up okay?

ADR said...

Oh. My. GOD. I want those boots, SO CUTE! Not so much that second pair, not my style, but the ones from Zappos are sexy. Coraline! I didn't know the Oregonian was having a contest, or I would have entered. T_T Boo. Then again, I wouldn't want to have to get dressed up to see a movie... so maybe not. *lol*

I hope all's well with you. I've been bad at keeping in touch, and will probably not get much better, but I'll try.