Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rockin' Out and Making Soup to Swap


My house is perfumed with the smell of Casablanca Stew (lamb, mushrooms, walnuts, raisins and veggies and chickpeas in a curry/tomato/white wine stew broth) being simmered for a soup swap next Friday.  Not the one in Gresham - this one's out on the West Side.   I've never doubled this recipe before and usually do it slowly in the croc pot.   It seems to taste all right though.  Now I've got to cool it and put it into quart plastic containers and freeze it.  

I don't have a printer so I'll have to figure out fancy labels tomorrow at work.  Or here now and pdf them to myself at work so I can print them out.  I should attach baggies of cous cous with this 'soup'.  It's meant to be served over cous cous.  

Even though I was listening to U-2, Bruce! and was that really Garth Brooks doing American Pie?  Hmmm...

I had Jamie Oliver's Lamb Curry song going through my head along side what was going in my ears




Damn.  I wish I could julienne ginger like that!

7 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

A soup swap? What a fabulous idea! Why have I never thought of this? I love soup and make gallons of it, but it's even better when someone else makes it occasionally.

glassmeow said...

I thought I saw one in Calgary up on the website. Or you can start one :)

I only ended up with 4 swap-able quarts of Lamb Casablanca Stew. Oh well, that just means I bring 4 and take 4. Bagged up ziploc bags of cous cous to go along with. It turned out great! (That 5th quart? dinner this week...)

I need a bigger soup pot!

Dale said...

I like The Soup on E! Does that count?

It's funny that I posted my 'Swap Meet' post last night and now am here reading this.

It was while watching the HBObama concert that it struck me how all of Bono's posturing reminded me of Robin Williams.

glassmeow said...

I don't know The Soup on E!

I wonder what came first? Bono or Robin Williams?

Oh - this is funny - I'm responding from work and hafta do word verification on my own blog.

Dale said...

The Soup saves me from many hours of television I'd hate myself for watching. It's a weekly roundup of clips from various tv shows (reality, talk, or other) made fun of by affable host Joel McHale.

As long as they drop off my radar at once, I'll avoid the Bono/Robin W. question :-)

Anonymous said...

How did the Soup Swap turn out?

glassmeow said...

It was my first swap so I've nothing to compare it to. It was fun! Munchies were good. Lots of great soup. I came home with Chicken Gumbo, Minestrone with Smoked Turkey, Lamb Tangine and Moroccan Lamb with Lentil.

Was funny coz all of the soups with lamb were from me or two people I work with. We didn't discuss prior to choosing our soups - it just turned out that way.