Saturday, December 20, 2008

Okay - that was just practice snow

Now we've got the real thing! It's been snowing since last night and we've got about 4" here in the city. Much more up in the West Hills.




My little Japanese Maple decked out in Christmas lights.

The back yard.
The snow is still coming down!

It might even keep snowing until Christmas!  My Nephew in Law missed his flight from Atlanta this morning and is now stuck in Dallas.  Trying to get him onto a flight to Eugene (probably via San Francisco or L.A. - there's almost no flights direct to Eugene) instead of Portland so that he doesn't have to get there from here.  It's just rain in Eugene - 110 miles south.  


4 comments:

Cynthia Morgan said...

Yup. Snow. 'Bout 8 inches of the stuff, now getting covered by sleet. I suspect it'll be gorgeous if the sun ever comes out but right now I'm just thinking "how am I ever going to get down this hill without chains?"

glassmeow said...

I wouldn't even try! We've got about 6". Hard to tell 'cause it blew into drifts. My car is a bugsicle. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

Hope you made preparations before the storm.
I'm down to the more boring groceries now. Ah well. One won't starve on oatmeal and omelettes. I've still got cheese (Cotswold!) there's a little ham left. A can of tuna (no NOT tuna omelettes) and I've got both coffee and tea still.

If it gets dire, Fred Meyer or New Seasons are each only about a mile slog away.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I hope your nephew makes it home for Christmas and that you get a break to load up with tasty goodies. Somehow Christmas tuna lacks a certain appeal. CHristmas omelettes, though, might be just the thing.

glassmeow said...

Hey I forgot. I've got yams! And Broccoli!

Thanks! I think Art's still stuck in Dallas. Not much was getting in or out of Portland yesterday and it's a bit worse this morning.

It IS supposed to be just rain at valley floor level (Portland) by Christmas. We'll take Dad's Subaru down to Eugene and share the ride if it's still nasty out. He won't want to take the Jag out and Miz Pea will need to be (carefully) chipped out of the ice block it's in. And with the 17" wheels I had to have, chains are difficult. I think they make special low profile ones that will not mung up the wheel wells but I'll bet they're expensive and not readily available.