Saturday, February 14, 2009

Colorful Synchronicity

If I'd been paying better attention earlier in the week, I would have made it to the Sing Along Harold and Maude at the Hollywood Theater last Thursday night.   Unfortunately I learned about it at 6:30 p.m. the day of the show with screenings at 7 and 9 p.m.  I was a bit too tired to make it through the 9:00 show and still struggle to work on time the next morning.

At the same time, Splotchy put up the next Green Monkey Music Project challenge:  ROYGBIV & of course I wanna play and nimbly come up with a handful of Robyn Hitchcock and R.E.M. songs with the appropriate colors in their titles, completely spacing out all the Cat Stevens "color" song titles.

Splotchy, I'm trading out Dylan for Cat's Bitter Blue.   Still looking for Indigo and Violet.  

Meanwhile, enjoy some 70's nostalgia. Cat Stevens before he got weird.  While he was still dreamily handsome (the inside cover of Teaser and the Firecat was always on view in my teenage bedroom).  Damn he wrote and sang some good tunes!  Does he hold up?






He messes up at the end of Bitter Blue.  Hee!


4 comments:

ADR said...

Finally, after all these years, a practical use for Ken Nordine's Colors! Sadly, he lacks both indigo and violet...

Cute idea, though, a rainbow of song titles. ^_^

glassmeow said...

Crap! I forgot all about Ken Nordine!!! I LOVE his stuff.

What? You don't like Cat Stevens? He was a HUGE part of my teenage identity. Even if he spelled his name like a "real" cat. (I wasn't Kat yet. Not then. But that's another story...)

I came up with an Indigo and a Violet but you'll have to wait for the Green Monkey Mix post to know what they are. Or head on over to Splotchy's if you wanna know now.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

A singalong Harold and Maude? That is so much more experimental than the singalong Mamma Mia I am contemplating attending here.

glassmeow said...

I really wish I had gone now - late night and tough mornings be hanged - it sounded like a lot of fun!

They're supposed to be doing a sing along Yellow Submarine soon. I'll have to get to that one.