Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soundtrack to Life #9





The Shins.  I love this song.  Their sound alternates between jangly pop-py cheerful things with high (male) harmonies alternating with beautiful minor key guitar lines tied to quirky poetic lyrics.  My kind of band!  

They're playing tonight at the Crystal Ballroom (2nd night in a row) and I'm too broke to go

Tried the Craigslist thing.   Here's my ad from this morning:

"It's late, true, and tonight's the last show and to top it all off I'm completely broke! But I so want to go! Is there anyone out there who would like the company of an engaging, short but cute, blonde Shins fan who could lie to you and say she's 39 (and you'd never know) but believes in honesty and will be glad to reciprocate with coffee, a show or ?? later, when the money's looking better, if the chemistry is right."


And I have to say I've gotten some interesting replies.  (This was posted to "Strictly Platonic", mind you...)

But the show is sold out and only one of the responders actually has tickets in hand. And he's got me completely intimidated coz he puts out such an aura of "I'm too hot for the likes of you" that he just might have to take the "lame co-worker" he referred to in his post advertising his availability.  Unless he manages to find someone bolder than I am.  He might. 

That's okay.  I'm home now and staying put for the night.  



2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That;s such a shame! To hell with too hot for you dickhead! I wish you could have seen the show, but what a great attempt you made - very inventive.

glassmeow said...

Some of them were just a tad scary. I mean why would you send a picture of yourself without a shirt on in response to that mild post? Planning to go like that to the show are you? LOL