Monday, May 25, 2009

You Don't Have to Water Plasticine Flowers

  I've mentioned before my fangirly devotion to Top Gear presenter James May and he's just given me yet another reason to spread the love.  And yes I started this post a while ago.  It's been a week.  Facebook is just so much more facile for getting these things out quickly.  Without effort.  Hell.  At least it's not Twitter!




Anyway...  he won a special plasticine medal for his completely plasticine garden presented at the Chelsea Flower Show.  And presented Stephen Fry with a plasticine nosegay.  How very 'twee'!

I wish the plasticine Porsche competition had been open to non-Brits.  I could so get into that! I'd have at least come up with a plasticine Beetle.  Green, of course!

8 comments:

ADR said...

Aww, James May is adorable, I must admit. And with Stephen Fry on the side, what could be better? I do wonder, however, doesn't a plasticine nosegay kind of defeat the purpose of a nosegay?

You could make a plasticine Beetle, even if you aren't elegible to compete. It would be awfully cute.

glassmeow said...

Actually that plaid and tweed combo makes me cringe. Stephen's pinstripes are much easier to look at. But I guess jackets are required and maybe the pink and purple rugby jersey finally bit it?

A side of Fry, eh? :P

Barbara Bruederlin said...

The world needs more plasticine. Flowers too, but definitely more plasticine.

glassmeow said...

I thought it was cool that he included a bust of the guy who invented the stuff!

ADR said...

Yeah, I concede that Captain Slow lacks a certain assense of style. I think it is the stripey elbow patches that make it really eye-slaughtering. A side of Fry, indeed! *heehee* He is rather nattily dressed.

ADR said...

Assense? I fail at spell-checking.

glassmeow said...

Ass Sense. Yep. The 7th sense. :P (Not to be confused with horse sense. Or a horse's ass.)

glassmeow said...

...after all, plasticine was invented by William Harbutt